How to Create (and Stick to) the Healthy Routine You Want | ChicWomenDontDietMar 16, 2022
If you're anything like me, the start of a new year is often accompanied by a desire to make changes. Whether you want to focus on changing your diet, finance, or more quality family time this year, it is important to remember that success doesn't happen overnight.
I know that I'm not alone when I say that sticking with these resolutions can be tough. Today we'll talk about how to create more than a resolution but an healthy intentions and routine this year and beyond.
Chic step-by-step instructions you want:
Take the time to identify healthy intentions related to your resolution and things that you can do on a daily basis.
Then, make these habits or actions part of your everyday routine.
Add them into the calendar app in your phone so they are easy to reference as reminders throughout your day.
For example, if you're trying to diet and lose weight, your healthy intentions may be things like "eat breakfast every day" or "plan my meals ahead of time."
Habit-related actions might then include things like grocery shopping once a week so you have all the ingredients for those planned meals or packing a healthy lunch each day.
Once these healthy intentions and actions become a part of your everyday routine, you will be able to see the progress that you are making.
As time goes on, it can also make healthy habits more enjoyable because they have become something that is expected in your day.
Make this the year you finally create the healthy routine you've always wanted - you can do it! Just follow these simple tips and you'll be on your way.
Identify healthy intentions related to your resolution
Whatever your resolutions may be, I hope that you take the time to create healthy intentions and make them a part of your everyday routine. Doing so can set you up for success this year and beyond! So get started today! :)
So, you thought about it and you realize that you want to get healthy this year?
I'm not surprised because you are here right now.
That's great! I applaud you for making the 1st step.
But how do you actually go about creating and sticking to a healthy routine?
It can be tough, but it's definitely doable with a bit of planning and effort.
Here are some tips on how to create (and stick to) the healthy routine you want:
Figure out what healthy means to you. Everyone has their own definition of healthy, so it's important to figure out what that means for you.
Do you want to focus on eating healthy foods?
All of the above? Really?
Ok, so once you know what healthy looks like for you, it'll be easier to create a routine that fits your lifestyle and needs.
How to create a routine that fits your lifestyle and needs
- Make a plan. Once you know what healthy means to you, it's time to make a plan! What steps do you need to take to reach your goals? Break down your goal into smaller, more manageable steps so it's not so daunting. And be realistic - don't set yourself up for failure by trying to do too much, too fast.
- Get support and accountability. Sometimes healthy living can feel like a battle against yourself - but it doesn't have to be that way! It's important to surround yourself with people who are supportive of your healthy lifestyle goals so you'll be more likely to stick with them when the going gets tough.
- Set healthy habits, not rules. It's important to have healthy goals that you believe in and are passionate about - but if it becomes a rule for you (I MUST eat healthy every day or I FAIL!), then your chances of success go way down! Instead, focus on creating healthy habits instead of dogmatic rules. healthy habits are something you can stick to long-term, whereas rules are often broken and lead to feelings of guilt and failure.
- Reward yourself! A healthy routine doesn't have to be all work and no play. Make sure to reward yourself for your hard work - whether it's going on retreat, taking a cooking class, buying a new wardrobe after reaching your fitness goals or a night out with your friends after a month of healthy eating. Rewarding yourself for your successes will help keep you motivated on your healthy journey.
- Healthy living is all about balance. There's no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to creating a healthy routine - what works for someone else might not work for you. So take the time to figure out what healthy means to you, and create a routine that fits your lifestyle and needs. With a bit of effort and planning, you'll be on your way to healthy living in no time!
- Don’t be afraid to change course or try different things. Sometimes healthy living takes some trial and error to figure out what works for you - so don't get discouraged if your first attempt at healthy living doesn't go perfectly. If something isn't working, then change it up - maybe start exercising before work instead of after, or focus on healthy eating during the week and save weekends for indulging. Don't be afraid to change course or try different things until you find what works for you.
- Create structure and more balance. There's no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to creating self care rituals or a healthy routine - what works for someone else might not work for you. So take the time to figure out how to honor yourself and what it means to you, and create a routine that fits your lifestyle and needs. With a bit of effort and planning, you'll be on your way to honoring you in no time!
- Celebrating your small wins. Healthy living is all about healthy habits - so make sure to celebrate your small wins along the way! It's easy to get discouraged and lose motivation when you aren't seeing immediate results. So take a step back, pat yourself on the back for how far you've come, then keep pushing towards your goals. If it helps, set mini-milestones to aim for instead of one big goal. Healthy living is a journey, not a destination - so enjoy the ride!
- Structure your morning. One of the best ways to set yourself up for a healthy day is to structure your morning. Make sure to take some time for yourself before jumping into the chaos of the day. Whether that means taking a walk, reading the paper, eating breakfast or spending time with your pets, make sure to do something that sets you up for success.
- Avoiding temptation. When it comes to healthy living, one of the biggest enemies is temptation. It's easy to give in to those delicious-looking donuts at work or that extra slice of pizza, but if you want to be successful at healthy living then you'll need to learn how to resist temptation. One way to do this is by having healthy snacks and meals on hand that you can turn to when temptation strikes. healthy living isn't about deprivation, it's about making healthy choices most of the time.
- Make "ME TIME" a priority. If you want to be successful at healthy living, then you'll need to make you a priority in your life. This means scheduling time for movement, learning how to make healthy cuisines, and making sure that you are the priority over other people/activities. It might take some effort at first, but eventually honoring yourself will become second nature to you.
- Ending the day peacefully. When it comes to healthy living, one of the most important parts is how you end your day. Make sure to set aside time for some relaxing activities at night - whether that's getting alone silent time in the tub with candles or reading before bedtime. This way you can unwind after a busy and healthy day!
- Be sure “me time” is part of your routine. healthy living isn't just about healthy eating and exercise - it's also important to take time for yourself. This means scheduling some "me time" into your routine. Whether you have a weekly spa day, watch your favorite TV show every weeknight or spend some time doing something that makes you happy - honoring yourself means making healthy choices for yourself.
- Don’t forget to enjoy life! The key to healthy living is finding balance in your routine - and enjoying the good things in life doesn't count as unhealthy! So go ahead and indulge in your favorite treats every now and then, as long as healthy living is still a priority in your life. healthy living isn't about deprivation, it's about making healthy choices most of the time. And that's something we can all live with!
So there you have it - some tips on how to create (and stick to) the healthy routine you want. Just remember to be patient, take things one step at a time, and have fun along the way! healthy living doesn't have to be a drag - in fact, it can be downright enjoyable if you make it that way
Make these habits or actions part of your EVERYDAY routine!
- Eat healthy, balanced meals
- Get active and move your body every day
- Drink plenty of water
- Get enough restorative sleep 7-8 hours
- Take some time for yourself each day to relax and recharge
- Surround yourself with positive people who support your healthy lifestyle choices
Before you start figure out what healthy means to you then make a plan, next you want to get support and accountability.
Afterwards set healthy habits, not rules.
Allow yourself time to see progress made over time
Happy healthy living! :)"
Sign up for semi-regular updates so you never miss out (when I have something important enough that it's worth your time!). SoNaturelle Wellness provides lifestyle tips on how to look and feel better during menopause.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.